2023/2024 season of Fantasy Snooker is starting soon
The summer break has been nice but it's time to get predicting. The 2023/2024 season of Fantasy Snooker is just around the corner, kicking off with the BetVictor European Masters on the 22nd of August (featuring top guns like Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Selby, first seed and defending champion Kyren Wilson, Mark Allen, Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy, and current World Champion Luca Brecel).
Make sure to create a team and pick your players before it starts to not miss out on valuable points!
Latest updates: GDPR and bug fixes
Not many lines of code were written in the summer holidays, but we're back with recharged batteries and new great ideas. We have done some work in preparation for the new season:
- GDPR: cookie banner and consent, review your personal data and request user deletion on your user page.
- Frontpage: screenshot carousel and call-to-action. Twitter timeline fix (although this still requires more work).
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where player statuses were not shown correctly due to season change. We also show correct status for players playing in heldover matches.
- Modals should now be entirely visible on smaller screens like mobile (although it might not be perfect yet. Let us know about issues on the support page)
Please note software development takes time and this is currently an unpaid project so we ask to have patience and bear with us!
Plans for the season and the future
Although we have mentioned future plans in earlier posts, plans change and sometimes we discover even cooler ideas which jump the list! Here are some ideas for the near future:
- New features
- More diverse scoring opportunities (this is a really exciting one and might be kept as a surprise for now!)
- Clearer scoring rules and "live" point updates
- Public profiles
- Technical improvements
- Performance improvements
If you particularly like any feature or have a great idea, don't hesitate to drop us some feedback!